Driven to Donate is a DBA of Step Denver. Step Denver is a men’s residential recovery community that helps low-income men overcome the consequences of addiction and rebuild their lives through sobriety, work, and accountability. The ultimate goal of the Step Denver program is to have its resident’s transition to safe, sober living environments where they may become productive, contributing members of their communities.
For over 11 years, Step Denver has operated a highly successful vehicle donation program that provides important funding for our mission. Revenue generated by the donation of vehicles will directly impact our men. Step Denver created Driven to Donate, LLC as a way to add additional funding to their revenue stream by partnering with other non-profits to help facilitate their vehicle donations. One non-profit helping another.
Driven to Donate works with nonprofits to take the donation from concept to completion, including:
- Designing a custom online form for the nonprofit's website.
- Taking phone calls and processing online donations.
- Scheduling towing.
- Making repairs or enhancements where appropriate.
- Selling the vehicle.
- Sending all required forms to the IRS and the person donating the vehicle so they may receive their tax deduction.
- Sending a check for the split of the net proceeds to the nonprofit designated by the donor.
Donors are encouraged to continue donating cars, trucks, and motorcycles to StepDenver as 100 percent of the proceeds benefit our program helping men overcome addiction through sobriety, work, and accountability. But if you have other favorite charities please tell them about Driven to Donate. It’s a great way to generate revenue. We look forward to helping nonprofits benefit from establishing a vehicle donation program for their organizations.